How we develop strategy?
In its endeavor to free a district from drought in a years’ time, BJS has purchased134 JCB & Pokland machines. BJS plans on utilizing these machines to their maximum capacity in the district for this project.
MoU with the District Administration
A meeting took place between Bharatiya Jain Sangatana and District Collector of Buldhana,
Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Parishad & resident Deputy Collector to discuss the process of making Buldhana district ‘Sujalam Sufalam’ i.e. making it drought-free and bring prosperity. It was decided that BJS will not take any remuneration from the Maharashtra Government or the District Administration for this work. However, the District Administration has taken up the responsibility of providing diesel for all the JCB and Pokland machines needed for this work. The district administration will extend its wholehearted co-operation to BJS in this endeavor. BJS and District Administration have accordingly signed a Memorandum of Understanding between them stating the above points.
Appointment of Technical Consultants
Since all the work is being done for development of the catchment area and the watershed areas in Buldhana district, a professional agency from Pune city, named ‘Primov’ is appointed for technical guidance on this subject.
BJS Office in Buldhana
A BJS office has been set up for this purpose in “Gandhi Bhavan”, a centrally located place near the S.T. station in Buldhana. Similarly, the taluka offices of BJS have also been set up in every taluka. This will greatly facilitate the coordination between the farmers, government officials and the BJS officials from all the talukas.
- District administration and BJS will jointly create a work plan for each month for every taluka.
- Every taluka will be allotted 10 machines each at the start of the project.
- The administrative officials of the district, BJS officials and activists will jointly discuss with the farmers and the villagers to determine the procedure for carrying away the silt and spreading it over their farms. Also, they should set priority criteria for the beneficiaries of the silt distribution work.
- Various awareness campaigns/programs will be organized in the entire district regarding water and Capacity Building programs for the youth and women.
- District Administrative Officials and BJS officials in the district will jointly supervise the work. They have to ensure all the paperwork/formalities are complied with and the work starts and finishes with in the scheduled time-frame.
- BJS has created a special mobile app for keeping track of this work. It will provide a snapshot of all the work that is happening in real time which will help to keep a tab on all the activities at site and a speedy rectification if necessary.